Brad Rimmer – SILENCE | Collector's Edition (2 prints)
The Western Australian Wheatbelt (Edition of 50)
This Collector's Edition is one of fifty boxed sets and contains:
– The Book "SILENCE" by Brad Rimmer, hardcover, 96 pages, numbered and signed
– Two Type-C prints on Fuji Crystal Archive Flex (28 x 35.6 cm /11 x 14 in) numbered and signed by Brad Rimmer of the following motifs:
(1) Jess, Wyalkatchem, Summer 2005/06
(2) Dowerin, Autumn 2005
– Custom-made Clamshell case (30.3 x 38.5 x 6.5 cm /12 x 15 x 2.5 in)
– A Certificate of Authenticity, signed and numbered with edition. Cotton gloves to safeguard print while handling.
Type-C prints on Fuji Crystal Archive Flex selected for both its exceptional ability to faithfully reproduce rich and intense colours and its high resistance to fading and yellowing. It is presented in an archive-quality stable, inert 75-micron polyester sleeve that is guaranteed not to react chemically with contents.
Silence is Brad Rimmer’s intensely personal and sometimes painful monograph of life in the once-thriving wheatbelt towns of Western Australia. Born in Wyalkatchem in 1962 Rimmer chose at nineteen to escape what he saw then as a bleak future. In Silence, he presents images that capture the region’s permeating dust, heat and isolation negotiating a delicate balance between hope and despair in his frank portraits of those who remain.
“I was worried about revisiting my old home and going inside the house, but I had no real connection at all. Everything that was in my mind had gone and I felt a strange relief. On my way out of town that evening I thought of how many people had left and never returned, just left for good. I’d never thought about that before,” (Brad Rimmer)
|Cover||Hardcover in printed cardboard box
|Note||Two (2) large format Type-C prints + book, all numbered and signed by Brad Rimmer (ed. of 50)|
|Contributors||Susan Bright & Paola Anselmi|